For wine lovers, the region has played a major role in wine making and trade since the Etruscan era 1000+ BC. Leap forward to the present and the traditional are becoming more innovative and have begun a new era where the wines have improved remarkably, placing them in the highest echelons of world class wines. The foundation for most Tuscan wines is the Sangiovese grape and the Malvasia and Trebbiano whites. When blended with other reds such as a Cabernet Sauvignon, the Chiantis take on an elegance, complexity and quality that are superb. The Supertuscans born of Sassacaia are among the most expensive and extraordinary Italian wines. With Brunello di Monbtalcino of southern Tuscany (Chianti Classico DOCG region) you have the fullest, richest and smoothest of the Italian reds. Immerse yourself in Florence the birthplace and center of Renaissance art, architecture and sculpture. You can experience the Duomo, the incredible Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia where the statue of David is displayed. And, then, sit back and discover the incredible Tuscan food with origins dating to the Medicis.
You may visit Banfi, Petra, Ornellaia, Jacopo Banti, Volpaiole, San Michele, Biondi-Santi, Altesino, Dievole, Val di Suga, San Leonino, Poggio Antico, Frescobaldi, Ricasole, Coltibuono, Torciano, Tua Rita, Fontodi, and Casanova Di Neri.
Il Chiostro is a restored monastery in the historic village of Suvereto. It’s quite unique. Hotel Casafrassi is a family property between Castellina and Siena, in the heart of Chianti Classico, The hotel’s restaurant is excellent.
4+ Star Chianti – 5 Nights, 6 Days
- 6 days with Driver-wine expert guide with commentary, insider info and local wine history
- 6 days use of private car, SUV or van including fuel.
- 6 days and 5 nights hotel in shared double/twin room including taxes.
- 5 breakfasts
- 1 welcome gourmet dinner on arrival.
- 2 artisan visits – olive oil producer including tasting fees and a Toma cheese and Cotto salame producer.
- 6 VIP winery visits and wine tasting fees.
- International airfare
- Meals and wine not stated as included.
- Personal items: tips, taxes, laundry /dry cleaning, and liquor not stated as included.
Price Per Person $4,939.00 double occupancy. Can be as low as $3,389.00 per person with 6 people (3 couples) traveling together.
The Fine Print
Prices are per person double occupancy and subject to change due to currency fluctuations until deposit N.B. Restaurants, Hotels and Winery Owner/Wine Consultant Lunches may change based on availability of seats, rooms, or individuals. Substitutes will be of equal or greater value and interest.