Sicily: a magnificent island of a thousand souls, splendid in the cultural influences of Hellenic, then Roman, Byzantine, Arab and Norman grandeur offering exposure to some of the world’s unique artistic masterpieces.
A spectacle of nature: Sicily is rolling and undulating hills, greens of the citrus trees, carob trees and pistachios, where exotic plants flourish. The Sicily of stone gardens, snow-capped peaks, three active black volcanoes and an amazing sea – The exaltation of the Mediterranean is a serene beauty to behold.
You’ll taste our traditional flavors: the Sicily scented with citrus fruits and spices, a fertile land with a sea teeming with fish. It is a large kitchen in the heart of the Mediterranean that mixes cultures as if they were ingredients, elevating the art of cooking to a true science. In every corner of the island, food is essential to Sicily’s art and culture.
The history of Sicilian wine is long and fascinating, bringing together collaborations between diverse groups of people who have shared a passion for the grape. Some ancient archeological findings testify that Sicily was one of the first Italian regions to practice the art of enology.
In the past, we produced a large amount of wine but it was mainly used to add body to more sophisticated wines produced elsewhere. Until the 1950s, our vineyards exported Sicilian wine to France and Northern Italy to increase the alcoholic content and balance the color of their most renowned wines.
More recently, we have witnessed a growing interest from enthusiasts who are strongly committed to innovating, transforming and improving the quality of our vineyards. These people have produced new vines, experimented with new techniques and modernized the plants. The sun, the land, the hills and the sea breeze have done the rest, providing an extraordinary variety of Sicilian wines that have now taken a leading position and role on the international stage.
You’re going on an unforgettable holiday through our wine tasting regions. By joining the “Sicily Wine & Culture Experience”, you will go on a “once in a life time” trip, which will allow you to learn the specific details of Sicilian wine production and to meet local wine makers that still keep their “jewels” out of the mass market. We will give you the chance to “live like a local” and you will get back home enriched, with increased awareness of Sicily’s extraordinary cultural history, its culinary genius and of course, new kinds of delicious and exciting wines, unknown by the most!
4 Star Sicily Wine, Food & Cultural Experience: 7 Nights, 8 Days
- 7 Nights accommodation
- 5 dinners (including wine & mineral water) at La Baronessa restaurant in Taormina
- 4 Lunches including two cooking school lunches, a wine tasting lunch at a local cellar and 1 street food experience in Palermo.
- 4 additional wine tastings
- Excursion to Mount Etna till 1800 meters
- 1 Modican chocolate experience with tasting at Vico dei Santi in Modica
- Sightseeing as indicated, including local guides in Syracuse (max 04 hours), Agrigento (max 02 hours), Palermo (max 04 hours)
- Touring by air-conditioned car (2 pax), minivan (4 pax),
- Private bi-lingual driver wine expert guide (8 hrs. daily) with wine commentary, insider information, local history and local wine industry gossip, plus professional English speaking tour director.
- Driver’s meals and accommodation
- Porterage in/out in hotels
- R/T USA – Sicily flights, city taxes, entrance fees, tips and personal extras.
- Any other item/service that is not indicated under “rate inclusions”.
Actual Retail prices are $8,109 pp for two people and $5,609 pp for 4 people!
The Fine Print:
Prices are per person double occupancy and subject to change until deposit received.
Restaurants, hotel, winery and cultural visits may change based on availability of seats, rooms, or scheduling conflicts. Substitutes will be of equal or greater value and interest.