Sonoma: Sonoma County (Sonoma Valley, Alexander Valley, Russian River, Chalk Hill, Dry Creek), produces 40% more wine grapes than Napa and it is where the use of French oak and stainless steel tanks first started. The wines of Sonoma are comparable in quality to that of Napa, but lower in price! It is also less crowded and more rustic than Napa.
For the arts, culinary delights and gift shopping nothing beats Sonoma’s di Rosa Preserve, one of the largest regional art collections in the country; or Baksheesh (which our Chairman calls the Best Bazaar outside of Istanbul) where you’ll find uncommonly special handcrafted gifts and house wares; Spice Islands Marketplace, St. Helena –a culinary paradise. Finally, there is Myra Hoefer Design in Healdsburg where you’ll find those Parisian antiques you’ve been looking for.
Sonoma Tour 4 Nights, 5 Days:
- Accommodation at 4+ or 5 Star hotel resorts,
- Driver – Wine Expert Guide with commentary featuring Sonoma history and wine education.
- Use of a luxury SUV with fuel and insurance for 5 days
- 5 Star and Michelin-starred dinner dining experiences and…
- 4 wine Country Breakfasts
- 4 lunches that include a multi-course wine and gourmet tapas pairing and may even include a winery picnic depending on season and weather,
- at least one artisan visit (cheese), and…
- up to 4 wine tastings per day from the options below as well as possible inclusion of one or more wineries not on our list that you wish to discover.
Chardonnay Wineries: Sonoma Cutrer, Ferrari Carano, Jordan, Ramey, Coppola, Patz & Hall, La Crema, and William Selyem, Mayo Family, Stony Hill, Rombauer, Lewis Ellers, Newton, Alpha Omega, Cakebread, Pahlmeyer plus lots more choices in Sonoma and of course…Chateau Montelena, which made American Chardonnays more than respectable with their extraordinary victory in the 1976 Judgment of Paris competition between the best white burgundy (chardonnay) wines of France and America!
Sonoma Cabs: Choose from Jordan, Medlock Ames, Ferrari-Carano, Coppola, Hawkes Estate, Ruth’s Vineyard BR Cohn, Chateau St Jean, St Francis, Sebastiani, Arrowood, Clos du Bois, Rodney Strong, Stonestreet, Mayo and Benziger.
- Meals and wine not stated as included.
- Personal items: tips, taxes, laundry /dry cleaning, and liquor not stated as included.
Price per Person – 2 people: is $3,750.00 double occupancy (do) Can be as low as $3,260 per person, (do) with 6 travelers (e.g. 3 couples) traveling together.
The Fine Print
Prices are per person double occupancy and subject to change until deposit received.
N.B. Restaurants, Hotels, Wineries and Winery Lunches may change based on availability of seats, rooms, or individuals. Substitutes will be of equal or greater value and interest.